Naming files in arrange change file name on disk like in PT

shilshoolon1

Have you tried using the text tool on the files in the arrange page? Not near Logic to check it out now and kind of buzzed. :lol:

Starting early today, eh Chico?

Once you've renamed the regions as Chico suggests, choose: Audio->Convert Regions to New Audio Files.

Have you tried using the text tool on the files in the arrange page? Not near Logic to check it out now and kind of buzzed. :lol:

Starting early today, eh Chico?

Once you've renamed the regions as Chico suggests, choose: Audio->Convert Regions to New Audio Files.

LOL. I don't even remember answering this question. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was actually just REALLY tired. Had a long day. No alcohol in my system. :D

Is it possible to change the name of the files in the arrange page so they will the name of the original file on disk like in PT?

No: the Arrange area does not show you audio files, but audio regions. What you can do is open the Bin, select the region in the Arrange area, and rename the "parent" audio file in the Bin. This will rename the actual file, so the changes will be reflected in the Finder.

Hey thanks thats great. would this make a new file or make a duplicate?

That makes a new file, matching the length and content of your region in the Arrange. If you instead want to rename the files those original regions refer to, then follow David's instruction.