MPC MIDI and Logic

I have my mpc connected to logic so that it can use the sounds and i have a axiom 25 midi keyboard hooked to mpc so it to can use the sounds

I set up a mpc enviroment within logic so that it can use more then one midi instrument at a time.

now once im done and my beat is finished (using midi) how can i record this in to logic pro 7

ive tried everything except for what u are a bout to tell me ...but for real though this is getting old and i cant figure it out thanks..

From what I understand you are trying to record the audio from the mpc? If so you need to hook up the main outs from the mpc into your audio interface so logic can record the audio. So if you set up the mpc into your interfaces 1 and 2 in then in logic on the audio channel strip you select in 1&2 from the inputs.on the audio track Then make sure your track is record enable and then record it to the audio track.

hope this is what you were looking for... :)

hey thanks for the info but I am trying to record the midi events which i play ....i have a midi hook up and after i am finished plying the midi instruments i want them to record in to logic

example... i have the drums ..base..pianos etc looping in the mpc now i want them in logic ...

thanks again..

hey thanks for the info but I am trying to record the midi events which i play ....i have a midi hook up and after i am finished plying the midi instruments i want them to record in to logic

example... i have the drums ..base..pianos etc looping in the mpc now i want them in logic ...

thanks again..

So you just want the midi events recorded not the audio? I used to have a mpc and if my mind serves me , which midi port are you using in the mpc a or b. I think you have to turn on the midi port in the mpc to transmit the midi data. On your main screen in the mpc there should be a midi setting for a b or both a&b once you have the mpc transmitting data you should be good to go in logic. Let me know if this works I might remember a bit more about the mpc by then but Im sure it was somthing like that. Either that or someone can chime in here and give you a better direction.....

yes ...when i turn the dial on the mpc 1k ....for instance midi

OFF = 1a and another turn midi a2 and so on .....it gos to b1 ,,b2 ,,b3 etc..b16. and i am able to track out all 16 channels of instruments.....from Logic pro 7.2 ,you can see the volume on the channel strip instrumnt 1a ...1b etc. moving in the mixer window ....

its now looping inside of the mpc (events)? but as its done ,and im feelin it.how do i get that over to logic ARRANGE PAGE..............? (to save as mp3 )

I kinda just skimmed through it but if I understand correctly.

1. You are using the sequencer on your MPC

2. You are using the Logic sounds

To bounce it just select realtime bounce instead of offline, and when it starts bouncing just hit play on the MPC sequencer and anything that happens in Logic will get summed into your stereo wave file.