Multiprocessor (multithread) plugins causing logic to freeze

thesecession

im composing for a film right now and logic is continuously beachballing and forcing me to quit and restart the project. It seems to happen 1-5 minutes into working on the project. It freezes and displays the message ( a plugin running in multithread mode has caused a problem) its happened with every plugin that runs in multiprocessor mode. kontakt 2 and atmosphere are causing the issue for me. Basically i cannot continue using logic if this problem does not go away. I have imported a 1.5 hour movie into logic for this project as well and i have a feeling that htat is what is causing the crashes as well.. since it has only happened with this project. Is there any way to work around this???

Hi,

I have this happen with Kontakt 2, (and 3 for that matter) on occasion, even on smaller projects. The video could be causing the frequent slowdowns. Would the format happen to be H.264? This can wreak havoc with everything.

Well, you haven't mentioned what sort of Mac you have running, how powerful it is, but I can virtually guarantee you that it isn't powerful enough to score to an entire one and a half hour long movie.

Break it into smaller pieces, and do them in whatever order you like. You will probably then bounce all the audio out and reassemble it in a video editing program like Final Cut or heaven help you, Avid.

Obviously scoring to specific scenes will give you the only chance to have any possibility of getting this done. To do a serious scene, just five minutes, is hard enough to most computers.

Good luck, it sounds like you are having a lot of fun.

Archived