Is BPM set in stone ?

mattseed

Hi guys. I have an entire album recorded with an old drum machine on an old Akai DPS 16. then got all new kit inc Logic 8 etc and now i have digitally transfered all the songs over...thing is i have just got EZ drummer and want to re-do all the drums with this. The weird bit is i made exact notes of what BPM the songs were at with the old drum machine and thought if i mached them in EZ drummer i could align them and all would be well !!!!! for some reason it's not a song recorded at 124bpm on my old track now appears to race ahead a little and then when i slow it down i still can't make it sync......any thoughts guys ???

No, BPM is not cast in stone.

Within any sequencer there is an independent audio clock running at its own independent tempo, so you can't expect 124bpm on your Akai to be exactly 124bpm in Logic.

To solve your problem you need to use the Options > Tempo > Adjust Tempo using Region Length and Locators command to adjust the project tempo.

For more information on this function, see “Setting the Project Tempo to Match an Audio Region” on page 524 of the Logic manual.

Archived