Recommended Hardware Controllers?

Now that I finally know how to automate my tracks, it seems I need some real physical knobs and faders so that I can create Smoothness.

I just want something very simple, not with a keyboard.

Any advice? I only need a couple of controls, really. Not looking to spend more than, say, 300...

Now that I finally know how to automate my tracks, it seems I need some real physical knobs and faders so that I can create Smoothness.

I just want something very simple, not with a keyboard.

Any advice? I only need a couple of controls, really. Not looking to spend more than, say, 300...

Smoothness? What is smoother than the straight line between two nodes?

All you will find are things like Novation and Behringer for the under $300 range. It's funny, you can spend thousands or a couple hundred, yet the fader will respond to either one.

fadercraig will probably shoot me down in flames but I have a Behringer (cough) BCR 2000 which I find very useful for that kind of thing. :D

:D :D

Ahhhahahahaha, my dislike for their products i see is well known! However, until two weeks ago when i got my Nocturn, i was using a Behringer Nano, cos it was the only thing i could find that was the right size and had the right controls! So if it works....it works!

Things like budget AND functionality always come into play.

cool

Cx

Hello everyone

Thank you for all of your advice

I just picked up a Novation Nocturn

I'm really not very 'techie' I've always been rather analog up until my recent investment in Logic

and honestly I don't quite know what to do with this very attractive thing on my desk

all I wanted was the equivalent of a keyboard controller, with a couple of knobs on it instead of keys so I can turn real knobs as I use automation to pan things around, instead of clicking on virtual knobs with my mouse

or other basic things

this Automap is a bit confusing, really

TO BE MORE CLEAR ABOUT MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE

I record some analog instruments, some software instruments, a bit of vocals, some real-life samples

Have no idea what the 'straight line between 2 nodes' comment means

Not even sure what exactly qualifies as a 'plug-in'

ACH! :roll:

Hello everyone

Thank you for all of your advice

I just picked up a Novation Nocturn

I'm really not very 'techie' I've always been rather analog up until my recent investment in Logic

and honestly I don't quite know what to do with this very attractive thing on my desk

all I wanted was the equivalent of a keyboard controller, with a couple of knobs on it instead of keys so I can turn real knobs as I use automation to pan things around, instead of clicking on virtual knobs with my mouse

or other basic things

this Automap is a bit confusing, really

TO BE MORE CLEAR ABOUT MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE

I record some analog instruments, some software instruments, a bit of vocals, some real-life samples

Have no idea what the 'straight line between 2 nodes' comment means

Not even sure what exactly qualifies as a 'plug-in'

ACH! :roll:

You will learn in time. :wink: