Note repeat, APPR for MPK 49

dakingraja

Settings on the MPK49 or MPD32

1. Press the PRESET button on the MPK49 or MPD32.

2. Rotate the Value Knob (located just to the right of the display on the MPK49, and just

underneath the display on the MPD32) until the display reads GM Drums (Preset 15).

3. Press the Value Knob down (like a button) to confirm your preset selection.

4. Press the EDIT button.

5. Press the PLAY button.

6. Press the Value Knob down (like a button) to access edit mode for the transport controls.

7. Rotate the Value Knob until the display reads MMC/MIDI.

8. Press the Value Knob down (like a button) to confirm your preset selection.

9. Press the GLOBAL button.

10. Repeatedly press the > button until the display reads MIDI CLK.

11. Rotate the Value Knob until the display reads EXTERNAL.

12. Check to see that the TAP TEMPO light on the MPK49 or MPD32 is not blinking. This

indicates that the controller is correctly set to receive external sync.

13. Repeatedly press the > button until the display reads Globals SAVE SETUP

14. Press the Value Knob down (like a button) to save your settings. Once they are saved,

the display should return to the first page of the GLOBAL menu, and the display should

read KillMIDI.

15. Press the PRESET' button to exit the GLOBAL menu.

With the settings described above, the Arpeggiator (MPK49 only) or Note Repeat on the MPK49

or MPD32 will use the same tempo as set in Logic's transport panel .Note: as the Sync Master, Logic only transmits MIDI Clock to the MPK49 or MPK32

when it is in Play mode. Since the Arpeggiator (MPK49 only) and Note Repeat functions

need to know what tempo to use, these functions CAN ONLY BE USED WHEN LOGIC IS PLAYING.

and transmitting MIDI Clock. When Logic's sequencer is stopped, no MIDI clock is sent,

so the Arpeggiator (MPK49 only) and Note Repeat functions cannot be used.

MPK49_or_MPD32_and_Logic_Pro_8.pdf

TAKE THIS FREE LOGIC 8 PDF SETUP YOULL NEED IT!!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

:?:

Hello boys and girls... I have an MPK25 and Logic Pro 8.

What is going on and why can't I get my NOTE REPEAT and ARPEGGIATOR to work?! I followed the steps posted here (the same steps downloaded from AKAI's website) several times and... nothing?! Am I a retArd!?

The TAP TEMPO light stops blinking like its supposed to and Logic is playing but neither the NOTE REPEAT nor the ARPEGGIATOR is working?!

Please, please, please advise?

Ivan from Michigan

What is going on and why can't I get my NOTE REPEAT and ARPEGGIATOR to work?! I followed the steps posted here (the same steps downloaded from AKAI's website) several times and... nothing?! Am I a retArd!?

The TAP TEMPO light stops blinking like its supposed to and Logic is playing but neither the NOTE REPEAT nor the ARPEGGIATOR is working?!

Ivan from Michigan

Don't forget you need to transmit MIDI clock from Logic to the MPK (it's mentioned in the pdf dakingraja links). Go to your project's MIDI synchronization settings and where it says MIDI Clock, select a device (MPK25 in your case) as destination for the MIDI clock Logic sends when playback. Again Nothing will happen if the playhead is not moving.

J.

Ivan from Michigan

Don't forget you need to transmit MIDI clock from Logic to the MPK (it's mentioned in the pdf dakingraja links). Go to your project's MIDI synchronization settings and where it says MIDI Clock, select a device (MPK25 in your case) as destination for the MIDI clock Logic sends when playback. Again Nothing will happen if the playhead is not moving.

J.

J,

I did not forget anything. I went over the instructions word by word. Finally, I figured out what was going on. So, I made the changes in the MIDI Sync windows (i.e. checked all appropriate boxes as per instructions, etc) then closed the tabs as the instructions said. I then went right back to the same MIDI Sync windows and discovered that the settings DID NOT save! I clicked the appropriate boxes again and only then both my Note Repeat and the Arpeggiator started working. So, at least now I know what was going on.

Now, my question is: Why won't my MIDI setting save in Logic 8? Once I turn my Powerbook off it seems to reset the MIDI settings and I have to go back to MIDI Sync windows every time and set it all up all over again again.

Any advise?

Ivan

then closed the tabs as the instructions said. I then went right back to the same MIDI Sync windows and discovered that the settings DID NOT save!

Strange, I've never seen that happen.

Now, my question is: Why won't my MIDI setting save in Logic 8? Once I turn my Powerbook off it seems to reset the MIDI settings and I have to go back to MIDI Sync windows every time and set it all up all over again again.

Those are project settings and therefore are saved with the project. If you want to have those settings in all your projects you have to save the project as a template (from the File menu).

J.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey guys,

I'm running into a problem getting the Arpeggiator or the not repeat to work. I've done everything step by step, saved as a template (which is irrelevant at this point because I haven't closed this session yet), and even have the transports working just fine.

I push play and the notes come through just fine, but whenever I press the arpeggiator button, all sounds stops. I've changed the MIDI project settings as directed. It's still not working.

My only option I can think of is to restart the MPK49 and then Logic, and then possibly my computer... I can't think of anything else to do here. Also, I use Logic 9... These settings are present here, too, so I'm unclear as to why this isn't working.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

RAYgunRecordings