A question regarding Ultrabeat, tempos, and remixing...

Nah Son

Hi. I'm new to this sort of thing and still making my way through the manual. I skipped to the Ultrabeat section though and didn't see any information on this.

I'm trying to make a remix of a song that is, for example, 88 BPM. If I were to program the drums to this song in Ultrabeat, would I set the project's tempo to 88 BPM?

I'm having trouble matching the drum's tempo to the acapella...anything tips for this sort of thing?

The tempo for the project is set in the Transport bar.

All midi data will follow this tempo, as will Apple Loops.

Audio files are a different story.

There are a few methods to set an audio file to the project tempo, check the manual pg. 501 and 524.

You can also timestretch an audio file by Option dragging the bottom right of the region. But beware, too much stretching will affect the sound quality. Recommendations are to keep within about 10 - 15 % of the original (unless you intentionally want to create an effect)

Thanks...but I guess my real question is how to do I set a drumloop to the acapella, instead of setting the acapella to the drumloop's tempo?

I guess this may be just a music question in general, and not a Logic question...

Archived