Stylus RMX

Can anyone explain how I can separate the drum parts in a loop in Stylus. It's a loops that I converted into stylus using SAGE. When I choose multi, it doesn't break up the drum parts like if I chose Kid mode. I watched the video, but no mention on what I want to do

I don't understand what you mean by "separate".

If you mean you want to play the individual slices, that's easy eough. If you want to have each slice doing different things, like different FX, outputs and so on, then you need to use Edit Groups.

If you mean separate as in "de-mix" a multi-part loop, this is impossible.

I don't understand what you mean by "separate".

If you mean you want to play the individual slices, that's easy eough. If you want to have each slice doing different things, like different FX, outputs and so on, then you need to use Edit Groups.

If you mean separate as in "de-mix" a multi-part loop, this is impossible.

What I mean is you know when you choose Kit mode ,and you can have up to 8aux ,and put your own FX on each part of the drums on the designated aux. What I'm saying is that I want to be able to do that with the loops I choose also, I guess like you said, maybe impossible unless it was recorded to be split like that, but that's what I mean....

Kit mode is something different. You can't load your own audio into kit mode, it's a special function of RMX that takes the individual hits in the library and organises them in this way.

What you can do is load in audio of your single hits in one REX file, and use the slicing to play each sound individually, using edit groups to give different synth/FX/output parameters for each one, which effectively gives you something close to Kit mode - but that's as close as you can get.

And yes, using edit groups you can use diferent auxes on parts of your loop. If you don't know how to use edit groups, check out the manual/tutorial vids that came with your RMX.