SoundForge 9 on a BootCamp Partition??

haven't tried doing that yet, but i predeict zero problems (providing iwndows is set-up correctly) as windows is running NATIVELY as if it were on a normal PC (which is what makes pretty much are these days)

so anything that works well on a pc, will work on a mac with windows installed

EDIT: afaicr Apogee firewire interfaces are Mac only, no Windows support, so you'll need to use your mbox

just FYI...I downloaded the free 30 day SoundForge 9 trial while logged into my Boot Camp partition. NO mBox hooked up.

WORKS LIKE A CHAMP!! COOOL. I can tweak what I need, bounce out WAV files, and not screw with any I/O issues!!

very sweeeeeeet.

:) :) :)

-

me too :) V9 is pretty damn cool. I've got a VERY specific thing I need to do with it, and I'm really glad I don't have to hook up an external interface for it.

Check out the Sony web page and see all that's changes in Sound Forge. It's really a great program.

yeah..I had some issues with VM Ware, and went back to BootCamp..For the few times I need to really work in the PC world, I love having a dedicated partition. Of course, now I need a BIGGER PC partition on the MacBook Pro, but I don't want to have to do the full install all over again :)

But it's nice to have Sound Forge there when I need it.

I decided to install Bootcamp with XP and run Sound Forge 9 on it so I wouldn't have to use my 13" laptop and I AM VERY HAPPY. Although Windows will see all 4 cores, it will only see 2GB of ram, no matter how much you have.

Still, I get to edit with my Cinema display - which of course the colors look absolutely awful under windows. Still, I get to use the processing power and my M-Audio drivers for windows means that everything stays hooked up the same.