Performing my creations live?

hey everybody, I think this is my first post, so hello!

Anyway I was asked to play a gig live, which is awesome, but when I really thought about it, I realized I couldn't....

I record and produce everything myself, one at a time, instrument by instrument. I have no idea of where to begin with having this all sequenced live. I don't wanna go up there and just push play and stand there! I can play my synth and I have a guitarist to help

but that's about it.

What I'm asking is how do you all perform with limited people, be it in logic or not? I have a MacBook pro that I can count on (hopefully) and basically I need it to respond to me, not just have my multitracks sequenced where no improvisation would be allowed.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I wish I could just get my hands on a lemur!

Thanks in advance!

Thomas Dolby has used Logic on stage in combination with other software synths (and HW) so it's all doable. Build the project, enable what tracks you want to do live and let the rest play. Provide a click track to the drummer in case that's needed (like for parts with no strong drum sections.)

Otherwise, if you don't need sequenced parts, Mainstage is the way to go.

There's a reason why Ableton Live is such a popular tool.

Any midicontroller with buttons/knobs turns coupled with ableton live turns your computer into an instrument. You can do this with logic and markers too but it's not as "playable". However, Logic is great for mapping out real-time automation controls.

Obviously, you can't play everything at the same time so it HAS to be sequenced to an extent, but you can do special live-arrangements and prepare your songs in advance so that you'll always "have something to do".

You really should get a guitarist though, it definently adds dynamics, especially if he's lining the guitar so you can play with his effects in real time. Adding someone on percussion is always good too.

hey everybody, I think this is my first post, so hello!

Anyway I was asked to play a gig live, which is awesome, but when I really thought about it, I realized I couldn't....

I record and produce everything myself, one at a time, instrument by instrument. I have no idea of where to begin with having this all sequenced live. I don't wanna go up there and just push play and stand there! I can play my synth and I have a guitarist to help

but that's about it.

What I'm asking is how do you all perform with limited people, be it in logic or not? I have a MacBook pro that I can count on (hopefully) and basically I need it to respond to me, not just have my multitracks sequenced where no improvisation would be allowed.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I wish I could just get my hands on a lemur!

Thanks in advance!

I have turned my macbook into a glorified MP3 player.

I make all my own backing tracks, bounce them and add them back into a file that has nothing but the audio bin with all the backing tracks.

Since it is just me, I don't want to carry tons of equipment and worry about connecting everything up. I have my Macbook, my foot pedals, my Bose L1, and my Guitar. It all fits in the back of my convertible.

I have to play everything as a fixed song this way. I also have the Boss RC-50 to do any looping. This means I can also have up to 3 different sections of a song to jump back and forth to. I can extend and vary how the song is played this way.

I would love to set up a bunch of controllers and jam out 'on the fly,' but that's another topic.