MOTU Ultralite only recognized sometimes

Recently my MOTU Ultralite interface has started having problems. It is only recognized by my Macbook sometimes. And even when it does load it will disappear unexpectedly and crash my session.

Also I was daisy chaining my Pacific Pro Audio hard drive through the Ultralite, But I can't get it to show up at all. I can get the ultralight to show up through either of it's firwire ports. The hard drive loads with no problem when I plug it in directly to the macbook.

I was running 10.4.11 when i noticed the problems and then upgraded to 10.5.4. But the problem is still the same. I have all of the latest drivers and firmware for the Ultralight.

I was on the road for the first half of this year and didn't use the ultralite until a few weeks ago and all of a sudden it's having all of these problems. It's less than a year old and has only been used in my studio.

Has any one experienced a problem like this with the Ultralight?

Thanks

Macbook 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 2 GB Ram - Logic Pro 8.0.2 - Battery 3.0.4 - Motu Ultralight - M Audio Ozone

Also I was daisy chaining my Pacific Pro Audio hard drive through the Ultralite, But I can't get it to show up at all. I can get the ultralight to show up through either of it's firwire ports. The hard drive loads with no problem when I plug it in directly to the macbook.

Have you tried the obvious cable switching round? It seems odd that either of the firwire ports on the UL work and so does the HD on the mac...so if thats working it could be you are trying to bus power 2 devices? which as mentioned...wont work...

Cx

Have you tried the obvious cable switching round? It seems odd that either of the firwire ports on the UL work and so does the HD on the mac...so if thats working it could be you are trying to bus power 2 devices? which as mentioned...wont work...

Cx

Both the ultralite and the HD are powered by their power cords.

I've gotten it to work now, but only if the HD is chained before the ultralite. If the ultralite is chained first it won't load.

The intermittent loading problem seemed to have been caused by a bad driver. I've reloaded the latest one again and it seems to be working as long as the ultralite is chained second. I'm using a macbook and only have one firewire port.

Is it a bad thing to have the interface chained second?

These are the specs for the HD:

PPA Pacific Pro Audio OXFORD 911 FIREWIRE 320GIG 16 MEG HD

Macbook 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 2 GB Ram - Logic Pro 8.0.2 - Battery 3.0.4 - Motu Ultralight - M Audio Ozone

Hmm, im sure others have commented on order of devices for daisy chaining so a search on the topic might help, i havent done it so im not much help there im sorry.

I did however had crashes and issues with the an updated Apogee Duet driver, so i ditched it and went back one and it now works sweet...again it doesnt actually help you...but you aren't alone, these weired things happen to us all...

Glad you got your setup rollin.

xx

Cx