Quicktime Music Synthesizer Equalizer

Ok i learned how to set up a quicktime multi instrument with logic pro 8, but im having trouble figuring out how i can use an equalizer or other effects with that instrument. I know I can do this with the DLS Music Devise but I cant change programs (instruments). If some one could tell me how I could do either, that would be great.

• 6 years later...
EXS24 will happily load sf2 files if that's what you need

first of all sorry for my bad englich

unfortunately my exs24 don´t load any .sf2 files

I Download some files from HammerSound but none gave me sound??

I can see them in the menu but no Sound?? awkward

I´ve put them in the Sampler Instrument Folder

the DLSMusicDevice give me sound (if they are in the bank folder)

but in that case I can not change the instrument in the sf2 file

example:

if you create an software instrument track in Logic and Load the DLSMusicDevice plug-in

you hit a key on your midi Keyboard you get piano sound as default sound but!

if u know say hmm I want to change the Instrument on this Track!!! the is no knob

in the plug-in GUI for ProgramChange (0-127)

you need an event/region and make ProgramChange in the left menu window :cry: very time consuming

I also try to assign the jogwheel of my midi Keyboard (Infrasonic M49) to ProgramChange

unfortunately the plug-in do not get the midi data from the jogwheel!!

so I decide to load the sf2 file from the exs24 plug-in but like I already sad it won´t work :?

if anyone can help me out with this problem I would really appreciate that

Thank

I also try to assign the jogwheel of my midi Keyboard (Infrasonic M49) to ProgramChange

unfortunately the plug-in do not get the midi data from the jogwheel!!

Incoming MIDI Program Changes on MIDI channel one are reserved for switching between channel strip performances. If you want program changes coming from your controller to reach the plug-in, you need to use MIDI channels 2-16.

so I decide to load the sf2 file from the exs24 plug-in but like I already sad it won´t work

In my experience, some soundfonts just don't work with the EXS24. Are these free soundfonts? Do you have a link so we can check it out?

For soundfonts, you could also try the free Sforzando plug-in by Plogue.

J.

Incoming MIDI Program Changes on MIDI channel one are reserved for switching between channel strip performances. If you want program changes coming from your controller to reach the plug-in, you need to use MIDI channels 2-16.

THX for the reply Jordi, I already found this answer with an additional info about the sf2.

I was able to load (exs24 convert it automatically) all my .sf2.

If you try to load any .sf2 don´t load from the event list!!!!! after you do that Logic Pro don´t convert the file!!!!

always load from the Plug-In drop down Menu and exs24 convert it automatically ^^

I think it is a BUG in logic Pro 8 (otherwise it would be very questionable where the LOGIC^^) don´t know about 9 or X

but like I know Apple, I believe they don´t fixed it and will check it out ^^

Thank again for the reply Jordi ^^

If you try to load any .sf2 don´t load from the event list!!!!!

How do you even do that? The event list is a MIDI editor, it's not used for loading files into Logic!

Thank again for the reply Jordi

You're welcome!

J.

Ohh sorry I meant the Media Library :oops:

Archived