imported audio playing too fast

vikingjay1542

please forgive me if this question has already been answered; i searched quite a while for it but to no avail.

i have an audio file of me playing violin to a certain tempo (via metronome) , let's say 90 bpm. I make a nice hip hop beat at 90 bpm and want to import my 90 bpm violin track to do some stuttering and chopping up of it throughout the song, things like that. when i drop that file into an audio track, it always seems to be playing insanely fast, like chipmunk music. its probably a simple feature but for some reason i cant figure it out and its truly been haunting me. its really limiting my creativity.

can someone please help ?

please forgive me if this question has already been answered; i searched quite a while for it but to no avail.

i have an audio file of me playing violin to a certain tempo (via metronome) , let's say 90 bpm. I make a nice hip hop beat at 90 bpm and want to import my 90 bpm violin track to do some stuttering and chopping up of it throughout the song, things like that. when i drop that file into an audio track, it always seems to be playing insanely fast, like chipmunk music. its probably a simple feature but for some reason i cant figure it out and its truly been haunting me. its really limiting my creativity.

can someone please help ?

1. The project you're importing to is set to 90 bpm?

2. Is the recorded violin track at the same sample rate as the project's?

• 11 years later...
I am having the same irritating problem and not able to import any audio files to logic pro, please can you confirm this is because of MacOS Catalina or is it something else, because I am planning to downgrade as I need to record new music ASAP. Someone please help! Thanks.

Seems some people having your exact issue with Catalina. So I would downgrade.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...