Much to Learn: Triggering loops via midi controller

StraitFire

What's up all,

So here's the deal. I've been messing with Logic for the past few months, writing loop based tunes. I just got an M-audio axiom49, and I am trying to perform triger midi regions in Logic using the pads. I have read through both manuals and still have no luck. I read about touch tracks and tried to do that but I couldn't get it working.

Any suggestions?

Also, I got ableton live lite6 with my axiom, and from what I understand is that is the way to go if you're working with live performance. But I already know Logic, and like composing in Logic very much. Is there a way to have these programs communicate. i.e compose in Logic , perform in Ableton and use Logic's sounds.

Thanks in advance

Touch Tracks work fine. Did you have the transport running when you were trying them out?

Regarding Ableton, there's nothing to "communicate" between applications. You can certainly bounce a loop or phrase out of Logic, then drag it into Live, if you want to use Live for performance purposes.