Choose my tempo manually (with a tap)

ulyssedupac

Hi,

This is my first post, and I made a search before, but I haven't found anything about my problem.

English is not my main language, so sorry for the mistakes...

Ok, here is the thing:

Imagine you want to start your song. You have your own rythm in your head, when you're playing guitar, but you don't know what is the tempo exactly.

I had Cubase before, and all I had to do was to go somewhere ( I dont remember exactly where) and I had to click with the right clic of the mouse, or the space bar, as long as I wanted, with the rythm of my song, and the tempo found was exactly the one I needed, cos I made it myself in clicking my rythm.

I dont know how to do it with Logic. I can put an approximative Tempo, but it'll never be the exact tempo i had created while playing...

All I need is a "converter" : from a unknown rythm to numerical tempo...

I hope you understand what I need...

Thanks buddies!

It's the big main manual? I have it in French...

Is it chapter 23? I have logic Pro 8 by the way...

Yeah, I thought that might be a problem! It's in the main book, chapter 30, Advanced Tempo Operations, at least for the English version. Maybe someone else who knows and has the French manual installed can guide you to the location. Or when David, (the site admin) wakes up, he's a native French speaker.

Or when David, (the site admin) wakes up, he's a native French speaker.

This makes David sound like a mythological character.

"When the French God of Logic rises from his dwelling, the answers to our never-ending questions shall be revealed."

- Gospel of Apple 16:19–31