about 2 buy imac/pro 8 - Is my 2480 to be burried in orchard

Hello,

I live in the uk and I am about to buy an imac and logic pro 8. I have used a 2480 for some years now and feel that now is the time for me to get back to pc music after being away a fair while. My question therefore is this: Can I use my 2480 as the audio interface to the imac? Or do I have to buy something like the tascam fw? I reall don't want to get rid of my 2480 as it would make a great interface for mikes and guitars. Is there a way to connect the 2480 as an audio interface to a box that will firewire to an imac? Although I just have a worrying feeling I may have to sell it; which makes me a bit sad. I don't even know what to connect!!??!! :?:

Thanks

Hello,

I live in the uk and I am about to buy an imac and logic pro 8. I have used a 2480 for some years now and feel that now is the time for me to get back to pc music after being away a fair while. My question therefore is this: Can I use my 2480 as the audio interface to the imac? Or do I have to buy something like the tascam fw? I reall don't want to get rid of my 2480 as it would make a great interface for mikes and guitars. Is there a way to connect the 2480 as an audio interface to a box that will firewire to an imac? Although I just have a worrying feeling I may have to sell it; which makes me a bit sad. I don't even know what to connect!!??!! :?:

Thanks

You will most likely need to purchase an Audio/Midi interface anyway to get things into Logic. So consider either a 2 channel or a multichannel (more than 2) type interface. Definitely go firewire.

You do have the possibility to 'sync' your machine to Logic or use it as a control surface thru Midi to control many of Logic's parameters. As a controller, you should be able to program the roland to control things like faders, pan knobs, plug-in effects, etc.

I would suggest getting to know Logic and then get back to the roland unit.

Archived