Trilogy problems

Matcher

I have some projects that have Trilogy in them, and I now when I try to open them I get the error message "trilogy quit unexpectedly.." and even if I choose to ignore it, the project won't open and Logic freezes. I also tried re-installing the wrapper but it didn't help.

Should I just re-install Trilogy or could I try something else first?

I have some projects that have Trilogy in them, and I now when I try to open them I get the error message "trilogy quit unexpectedly.." and even if I choose to ignore it, the project won't open and Logic freezes. I also tried re-installing the wrapper but it didn't help.

Should I just re-install Trilogy or could I try something else first?

have you tried opening it in a new project?

Also, any VST to AU wrappers do not solve the issue of running PPC binaries under Intel systems, what will kick in is Rosetta emulation. It works but it's slow, and all kinds of other problems will bubble up.

As I've been informed, Spectralsonics don't have the bandwidth to fix Trilogy for Intel systems, they are busy finishing their new synth engine...

I hear you. But, there are users who are able to make use of the VI's with these wrappers, and so far my only option is to get them running again, since I have these unfinished projects.

I have also had some graphic errors and some weird behaviour going on lately, so the problem might be related to some computer hardware issue. I'm going to have this mac checked out in any case.

I would try reinstalling trilogy first.

i have had similar issues (on PPC) after unsuccesfully moving the .DAT trilogy library to an external drive. I have since done in successfully - but the move of the all important .DAT file causes some serious error. So.. perhaps your crash is due to a similar event/ corruption.

Just checking- you have an Intel?

If so, then I think you are correct with using the wrappers thing. I've seen a few references to that here and on other sites.

If you're on a PPC mac, unless your on 10.5, you should be OK.

If you are on a PPC WITH version 10.5 (my current situation!) Trilogy will fail the AU check, but I just click ignore and it seems to load and play back OK.

From what I've read, it's unlikely Spectronics are going to do a fix as they are looking at a new audio engine.

Just checking- you have an Intel?

If so, then I think you are correct with using the wrappers thing. I've seen a few references to that here and on other sites.

If you're on a PPC mac, unless your on 10.5, you should be OK.

If you are on a PPC WITH version 10.5 (my current situation!) Trilogy will fail the AU check, but I just click ignore and it seems to load and play back OK.

From what I've read, it's unlikely Spectronics are going to do a fix as they are looking at a new audio engine.

Yes it's an Intel. And yeah, soon Omnisphere will be out so I believe after that they'll come up with something similar for Trilogy. Or then they should have a special upgrade price for the owners of both Atmosphere and Trilogy.