Importing MIDI files

enzee

Hello,

I know this seems like a total newbie question, but I have not been able to import a MIDI file into my session. And yes, I have read the manual on this subject with no avail.

I want to import a MIDI file into an already existing session. I have tried two methods with the same result:

In the first, I dragged the MIDI file from the finder into the arrangement window at the location I wanted it and dropped it. I get the error message "No Tracks Found."

I also tried the import feature, navigated to where the file was, selected it and got the same error message: "No Tracks Found."

I added both a MIDI track and an instrument track to the session, selected one or the other on different attempts and got the same message.

Help! What am I doing wrong?

Neil

My feeling is that your .mid file is bad. But in any case, open .mid files in Logic using the usual OPEN function (not the import function). See if that makes a difference.

As another test, create a new track in Logic. Nothing fancy, just a short region with some notes in it. Create a few more tracks and copy that region to those tracks. Select the tracks, the EXPORT as a .mid file.

Close that song.

Use the OPEN function to load that .mid file into a new Logic song. Does that work?

Archived