fade tool Logic 8

Alan Stephens

How can I apply a fade with the crossfade tool on a group of tracks all at once instead of one at a time? I can't find this in the manual. I would think it would work by selecting all the tracks and applying, but it doesn't. It would save a lot of time plus the fades would all match.

Can this be done in Logic 8?

I made adjustments in the fades, but they got stuck. After making them I came back and decided to make them longer. The parameter will accept and retain the number, but the actual fade doesn't change. I've tried reopening the program and it is still stuck. I can change them with the crossfade tool individually. Is this a software bug?

I made adjustments in the fades, but they got stuck. After making them I came back and decided to make them longer. The parameter will accept and retain the number, but the actual fade doesn't change. I've tried reopening the program and it is still stuck. I can change them with the crossfade tool individually. Is this a software bug?

Nope, it works fine here. Unless your project got corrupted, you must be doing something wrong? Are all the desired regions selected when you change the parameters? What do you mean it's "stuck"? By how much do you change it and what's your zoom level? Did you try extreme values while zoomed in to make sure you're going to see a change?

I was zoomed in fairly close. I selected 10 regions (tracks)

My first fade in was set to 20.

I then made some region adjustments then I tried to set it to 600. The fade on the clip stayed the same. Then I tried 2400 and it still looked the same. I listened to the 2400 fade it was still a short one. The songs after that worked fine.

I've mixed 14 songs today, and I don't remember which one had the problem.

The file must have corrupted.

I selected 10 regions (tracks)

My first fade in was set to 20.

I then made some region adjustments then I tried to set it to 600.

Making "some region adjustment" most probably means changing your selection. When you adjust the fades, make sure you look at the header in the Region parameter box. If it doesn't say "10 regions selected", then you're not applying the parameters to 10 regions.

If you are aware of this and are 100% sure the 10 regions were still selected at the time of the parameter change then yes, you may be looking at project file corruption - but honestly I would suspect pilot error first (even if I was the pilot myself).