automatically transposes the loops to the key of the song. I do not want it

to do this. I just want the loop as is, and no transposition. I cannot, for

the life of me, figure out how to disable this feature of Logic and just let

me play back the loops as is. This happens in the browser as well as in the

arrange window.

Please, can anyone help me?

Thanks

Lindsay

Well, ok, that's at least a step in the right direction and slightly less annoying than having to re-transpose things back to how they were in the first place. Thanks!!

I just wish Apple would give us ways to choose whether we want their "help" in making music or not.

Well, ok, that's at least a step in the right direction and slightly less annoying than having to re-transpose things back to how they were in the first place. Thanks!!

I just wish Apple would give us ways to choose whether we want their "help" in making music or not.

They do: use regular audio regions, and nothing willl happen. But the whole point of Apple Loops is that they will automatically match the tempo and key of the song. Of course I hear you, it would be nice to have loops that can follow the tempo but not the key, or (maybe less usefull) the key but not the tempo.... hey you can't have everything.

Or what you could do is open the loop(s) in the Apple Loops Utility and set their key to "none". Then they would always play at their original key. But you have to edit all your loops.

Another gem of knowledge that'll help me a lot.

Thanks David!

Archived