guitar rig and logic

Johnsherry

Hi,

I am using Guitar Rig 3 and the Kontrol pedal as well and recording tracks in Logic and everything is fine except that all the wah wah isn't printing as I record, which means that of course everything is post, not pre. How do I insert it to record the wah?

Thanks

I've never tried Guitar Rig with a pedal (yet) but what happens if you set the track to "latch" and then record?

Otherwise, you'd have to create an input object in the environment (New > Channel Strip > Input) and place GR there so that the sound is already processed when it reaches the audio track (and gets recorded) - but then you lose a lot of flexibility: you can't change the sound of the amp after recording.

So, the latch option didn't work, so I went to environment, new, channel strip, input and tried to add GR as an insert, but the only Native Instrument that was available in the audio unit was Reaktor( I have Komplete5). On the new output channel I could access GR, but I'm not sure how this is supposed to route. I tried to send to pre, bus 20, like my other channels but that is from the new input, not the output channel strip.

What I'm trying to do is make a live recording with vocal on one track and guitar on the other and I already have pre-recorded rhythm tracks. I see that GR is now on all channels.

I hope I'm making sense.

So, the latch option didn't work, so I went to environment, new, channel strip, input and tried to add GR as an insert, but the only Native Instrument that was available in the audio unit was Reaktor( I have Komplete5). On the new output channel I could access GR, but I'm not sure how this is supposed to route. I tried to send to pre, bus 20, like my other channels but that is from the new input, not the output channel strip.

What I'm trying to do is make a live recording with vocal on one track and guitar on the other and I already have pre-recorded rhythm tracks. I see that GR is now on all channels.

I hope I'm making sense.

For some weird reason GR is stereo-only, so create a stereo input and insert GR there.

Archived