Changing the start time of the beat.

DrummerMan

Hey all,

This is my first post here. Nice to meet ya!!

Here are my specs:

Logic Studio 8

on a Mac g5 tower

os x (10.4)

Motu 828 (original)

MIDI is run through a USB connection to my Korg Kontrol 49

Here's my issue, and I hope I make sense explaining it:

I'm trying to set the start time of beat "1" to coincide with the start time of the "action" in the quicktime movie I have in the movie viewer. Right now, the place where action starts (where I want the downbeat to be) is at beat 3 4 2 222.

I would like that spot to become 1 1 1 1, or even 4 1 1 1, really anywhere where I can have the metronome line up with where I need it to.

Ideally I'd like to do this without changing the actual timecode that the movie starts with, because I'm going to have to link the audio up with the video in another program down the line.

As an alternative, I'd be willing to move the video itself to matchup with the already existing beats, but I would/hope think this would be unnecessary.

So, (hopefully) to simplify my question: How would I move the location of beat 1 1 1 1 to a different place in time other than 01:00:00:00.00?

Sorry to jump in to this forum with a frantic & confused question, I've been scouring the manual and can't seem to come up with the answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Geoff

Archived