Bouncing tracks individually

stefrich

File > Export > All Tracks As Audio Files. Keep in mind that doesn't take into account the output sections of the channel strips (volume, pan and their automation).

If you want volume/pan and their automation, you could route each track to a different bus, setup 20 new tracks and record the respective busses in real time.

File -> 'export all tracks as audio files' should do it for you.

I just did this last night and it worked as it said, but didn't have the time to delve into it [i'm planning a comparison tonight]. But, it did sound a little different. Like, I think there may be some missing parts. There were a couple annoyances - like, my ultrabeat tracks were set up as individual multi-outs, but it bounced into one track. Is there something I missed to keep them seperate? Also, there were a couple effects that didn't quite sound right.

Are there any caveats to working this way when it comes to multi-instruments, or effects chaining on individual tracks? [sorry if i'm thread-jacking].

File -> 'export all tracks as audio files' should do it for you.

I just did this last night and it worked as it said, but didn't have the time to delve into it [i'm planning a comparison tonight]. But, it did sound a little different. Like, I think there may be some missing parts. There were a couple annoyances - like, my ultrabeat tracks were set up as individual multi-outs, but it bounced into one track. Is there something I missed to keep them seperate? Also, there were a couple effects that didn't quite sound right.

Are there any caveats to working this way when it comes to multi-instruments, or effects chaining on individual tracks? [sorry if i'm thread-jacking].

thats the downside of the export all tracks feature like david pointed out about it ignoring the volume, pan, automation, another thing is if u have an ultrabeat with instruments routed out it will turn them all into a 2 track. to me this is the only reason i hate logic not enough to stop using it but, when i gota goto pro tools for the vocal session i gota sit there and solo each instrument one by one and bounce individualy. and that still creates variables that can affect the sound of the music in general, mostly on what plugins you have on your master bus or submixes. i dont know if you export to goto pro tools but one workflow i got going that seems to not compromise the sound is to use a 3rd party comp on my master that has an AU and RTAS (i used the sonalksis) version so that way you can mix with it in logic then i screen shot the plug in, disable it, bounce one by one goto pro tools and add the same comp on the master bus in PT and readjust the settings to how i had them in logic using the screen shot as reference. ive done a and bs with this test and there was no difference. if your gonna color your instrumental or affect its entire sound i have left all that for once im in pro tools because if you do it in logic and you bounce individualy its not gonna color it the same since its a track by track basis and not a full mix. sorry if i went on a tangeant and didnt apply to your situation but if it did kick ass.

Archived