Hello and Help (Stretching audio/midi)

Terrym2002uk

Hi all,

I'm new to logic pro 8 and this forum. So firstlya quick intro. My name is Terry and I live in the midlands UK, smoke a lot, drink a lot, and love IDM, EBM, and lots of other stuff. Music is my hobby.

I've previously used cubase SX 3 under xp pro, but have recently migrated to logic on a mac. i'm slowly making sense of logic - albeit slowly.

In cubase I could do i couple of things that i just cant work out.

How can i stretch a piece of audio (not time stretch). for example in cubase i could just stretch a symbol crash just by stretching the region. Can you do this in logic?

Also can you do the same with midi. Ie 1bar to 2 bars and double the note lengths?

The midi input is interesting in logic ;) in cubase i could just set a midi in and out for a midi channel, but logic seems less clear. Took me a while to workout I had to drag inputs around in the environment window. But im sure there are some advantages to this that I haven't yet discovered yet.

Other than this i'm finding it logic quite friendly!

Cheers

Terry

Macbook/Mac Pro OS 10.5.4, Logic Studio 8.02, Motu 828MkII FW, Motu MidiExpress XT USB, Virus C/TI, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha CS2x. NI Komplete5 /Kore 2, Spectrasonics Stylus RMX/Atmosphere

The midi input is interesting in logic ;) in cubase i could just set a midi in and out for a midi channel, but logic seems less clear. Took me a while to workout I had to drag inputs around in the environment window. But im sure there are some advantages to this that I haven't yet discovered yet.

Can't say I ever had to mess with the environment to get MIDI input to my tracks. For me it was a case of creating a channel for a virtual instrument, then selecting that channel in the arrange area, and playing some keys on my controller.