Set Midi Regions on one track to midi different channels

TomC

I have read all about splitting midi voices to different channels but thats not exactly what I need to know. I'm using Phatmatic Pro on an instrument track. Phatmatic has up to 16 channels to load loops and one-shots into for effects and pitch changes. This is so you do not have to use multiple-instances. I believe that I can create different midi regions on one track and have each region set to send to a different midi channel. I tried doing this in the event editor list for each region by changing the channel there but all I ever got out was the Tracks midi channel (1) and therefore the same loop playing over and over from Phatmatic's channel 1.

Do I really have to create multiple instances on different tracks and set the track channel to a different midi channel to have this work?

:evil:

hi, im not sure why u want to put different Midi ch in different regions on the same track, why not put the regions on diff tracks with diff M channels. i dont think adding more instances of your plug will make any diff to the cpu load as its the same as doing all the processing and adding inst in one instance. you may be able to asign a program change message to each region, that is if your plug can do this ,i know u can do it in sampletank.

check out

or any of sflogicninjas vids on u tube . im sure ur get ur answer.

David, You're right. After I went back and reviewed some documentation on Hyper Draw I realized that I can also set the channel there on the first note of the midi region.

It was then that I realized that I could set the track itself to 'All' something not available in Garageband (my early years trainor). This then did work.

Yes, you could use 10 different tracks all running instances of Phatmatic or you could learn a new way of doing things and run 1 instance with a different loop loaded on 10 different midi channels and get consistant settings. I just name the midi regions with the loop name and midi channel. It's all working pretty slick. Thanks to all.

Archived