No sound on export (empty file)

bassemp

Hi there,

we are currently working with Logic Studio and Reason 4 in Rewire mode. Unfortunately when we try to export a region we get an empty audio file. And when we try to bounce the whole project we get nothing at all (no file). Can anyone come up with a solution to this highly annoying bug? Please help us!

Kind regards,

Tom

Beware! A highly annoying bug can often hide a pilot error in disguise. :lol:

I'm guessing all your sound is coming out of Reason.

In Logic, what you hear is what you bounce. That is, what you hear coming out of Logic, obviously. So: when you press play in Logic, do you see any signal at all on the Out 1-2 channel strip? If you don't, then you're bouncing silence (so your bounced file is silent, which is to be expected).

If I'm right, then you'll need to wire Reason's audio outputs into Logic to be able to bounce that audio from Logic.

http://logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=1670

Hi David,

thanks for you quick reply, but I'm guessing thats not the problem. We are allready working in Logic, we can hear sound from VST's and draw notes and everything... plus Reason is in Rewire mode, and all audio is handled in Logic. There are no problems with the rewiring, just bouncing and exporting from Logic. So yes we can see the lights on the mixer etc :).. Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Alright then so much for my guess. :lol: sorry about that.

Let's take it one problem at a time then. Bounce.

Can you describe exactly what steps you take to bounce your project, what happens for each step? For example: do you see the Bounce window? What are the start/end time fields saying? Do you see a progress window when you click Bounce? Etc etc...