Help with editing takes/comps

bigmoneymatt

I am sure there is an easy explanation to this, but it was late last night and I was tired from tracking so maybe that was the whole problem. Anyyhow, I tracked some bass parts last night for a group I am doing a demo for and I had to punch in a slide part on the bass. But for queing purposes, I went back like 3 bars and made the bass player start from there. Now here lies my issue...I have say 10 takes of this song and the slide was the last take. If I open the take folder, I can see the different takes and make a single comp just fine, but I want to edit just one take without flattening it. I want to make 2 regions within the take folder if that makes sense, so I can just grab the slide part and manipulate that and not the 3 bars he play leading into the redone slide. The parts leading up to the slide where just for timing and suck as far as playing. He nailed them in a previous take, and I want to use those.

Now I know I can just make the comp the way I like it and flatten it, but isn't there a way to edit a single take within a comp folder or am I crazy? like make multiple regions from just that take?

matt :shock:

just flatten it, which will make a new file in the bin, then press undo and ur comps will all be back and you can choose another to mess around with, then flaten that one and so on and so on.

hope this helps

Archived