midi sync with mpc2kxl not controling proper

flux302

I am trying to sync my mpc2kxl with logic/mac book pro but am not sure of what the best type of settings would be. i had set it to mtc 25 frames but it doesn't seem to lock the tempo's and it locks up.... I'm not an idiot but am new to computer recording (as u can tell by the equip in my sig I'm mainly hardware based.) i would like to have the mpc as the master and logic as slave though if you feel it should be the other way around (i do love the flexability of the sequencer in logic, being able to have some tracks 8 bars and another 16 bars b4 looping is nice) let me know please.

I have yet to hear anyone successfully using their MPC as a master sequencer with any software daw. The software and hardware integration seem to be unstable. I'm not saying that it is impossible. It's just a lot of posts I have encountered mention the same problem. I'd much rather use the sequencer on my MPC but it's incapacity to sync correctly, timing issues, and midi channel issues made me decide to just use Logic as the sequencer.