What type of guitars do you all play?

I'm sure there's got to be a bunch of guitarists on this forum. And since you all have such good taste in DAWs I was wondering what your guitar tastes were.

I've got a PRS SE Custom which I love because I think it is the best $500 guitar on the market, and I like Paul Reed Smiths.

And I've got a Martin 000C-16RGTE that I love because I think it sounds exactly like an acoustic guitar should.

What about you guys?

I've got a nice, though modest compared to some, selection, all offering different sonic colours to my palate. Hope this pic isn't too large. The nylon string is a Hanika PC54, made in Germany, the OM is a Lakewood, also made in Germany, the one on the right side of the couch is an Ibanez Studio ST55. The rest should be recognizeable.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii74/MADDWASP/DSC03855.jpg

I play Pretty Ones. :lol:

Seriously

I like Deans and Ibanez's myself.

I've only played one Dean, and I didn't like it. But, it was a cheap one, so I can't really base my opinion on that.

I've always like Ibanez guitars though. Even the cheaper ones still play and sound good.

Well, as guitar is my first instrument, I guess I have quite a few.....

PRS McCarty

PRS Private Stock Neal Schon Singlecut

PRS CE-22 (w/Birds)

Thorn Artisan Deluxe

Gibson 58' Reissue Les Paul

Gibson Les Paul Standard

Fender 62' Reissue Strat

Fender Eric Johnson Strat

Jeff Senn Fullerton Strat

G&L ASAT Classic Tele

Kramer Stagemaster Custom

Larrivee LM-4 Solidbody Electric

Yamaha TT Ty Tabor

Scott A.

Martin D-35

Well, as guitar is my first instrument, I guess I have quite a few.....

PRS McCarty

PRS Private Stock Neal Schon Singlecut

PRS CE-22 (w/Birds)

Thorn Artisan Deluxe

Gibson 58' Reissue Les Paul

Gibson Les Paul Standard

Fender 62' Reissue Strat

Fender Eric Johnson Strat

Jeff Senn Fullerton Strat

G&L ASAT Classic Tele

Kramer Stagemaster Custom

Larrivee LM-4 Solidbody Electric

Yamaha TT Ty Tabor

Scott A.

Martin D-35

Wow, very nice collection!

here are my top 3

Godin Detour

http://www.harmony-central.com/ProductImages/Medium/000000823.jpg

Modded Mexican Strat (my first guitar, and I just can't put it down for long)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/mmmichelin/Stratm-m-m.jpg

1984 Westone Dynasty ... I got this one in pieces with no electronics and a replacement neck .... eventually I put it back together ... awesome tone, but doesn't play as nicely as I hoped that it would.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/mmmichelin/Dynasty.jpg

that cort bass looks pretty cool, seagate ... I don't know much about cort ... how is it??

I guess the pickup config is what appeals to me at first, but the offset fret dots are a nice touch as well. Is the neck more like a P-bass or Jazz Bass?

I've been an Ibanez user since 1977 so I better stick to that family tradition. I use an RG750 as my main workhorse but I need a second RG for live purposes (good to have two guitars on stage) so I'm looking for an RG2525Z or something similar.

What I like about most Ibanez guitars is the versatility, a lot of sounds from the humbucker/single coil configurations. That and the wizard necks are a joy to play.

• 2 weeks later...

I play:

Larrivee OM-03 MT Forum II Guitar

Larrivee L-03 Silver Oak

Squier Butterscotch Tele with a vintage strat size P-90 PUP in the bridge and the original PUP in the neck position and sperzel locking tuners. now I knwo what you are saying...Squier...blech...but I play it througha 1970 Fender Deluxe Reverb which is all original except for the speaker which I had to replace. I think the amp matters to your tone more than the guitar.

hi,

axes?

let's see............

pre CBS Strat.

Les Paul Recording.

pre CBS tele.

Gibson Howard Roberts.

Strat made up of bits from other Strats, +custom pickups and wammy.

Ovation Custom Electric Legend Cutaway.

Ibanez Lee Ritenour (ES335) customized with Seymour D pickups.

Alembic series II custom 7string.

all the above are at least 20yrs old.

DR9.

I use a MIJ Strat with a maple neck. I find Maple necks record better and work well with Guitar Rig 3.

I really like Jazzmasters. I find the pickups work well with recordings and have a good balance without doing too much work to them.

Again, I think they work well with Amp sims as well.

Ibanez RGA321 FSB (the blue one), strung with 12-52's and with SD Jazz & JB pickups. my main recording guitar.. it sounds nice as hell. it has a nice sustain and really rich tone. fixed bridge. i love it :)

it really has a great sound. the pickups are set low and are low output, so the string vibrate like crazy, and the overdrive is softer. which i prefer for recording anyway, it gives me a chunky fat sound. i love this guitar

flamed maple on mahogany

Ibanez RG2120X (the green one) my first good guitar. strung with 10's and equipped with DiMarzio AirNorton & SS. the tremolo is BLOCKED with a nice chunk of wood. :) its the best neck ive ever played (its a fat ibanez neck. its somewhere like average strat, but smoother). its really the best neck. i keep it because of the neck and PIEZO system. and because i dont have a heart to sell it.

mahogany. sounds nice, too bad it has a trem :(

Ibanez RG2027x (SOLD!) was equipped with same PU's as 2120x.

i also have an ibanez SR505.

amp: mesaboogie Quad into Mesaboogie 50/50 into Celestion V30+CL80

i hate tremolos. and i hate RG 550. i hate ibanez super wizard necks. i hate ibanez solidcolor guitars. :)

if i had money i'd get a PRS semihollow or Parker Fly.

http://www2.arnes.si/~cegorenga11/.rga/groupshot.jpg

edit: i added a link the pic appeared too big