Opening the Automation Folder

hellleutel

there used to be a key shortcut for accessing the hidden automation folder in older versions of Logic; this is looking similar to the arrange window and contains all the data for track automation. You can easily move, delete and copy automation there, maybe even loop (? didn't try that.).

in Logic 7, you have to use a trick for accessing the automation folder: open the automation event list (correct me it that's called differently, I have a German localisation) , and then open an additional arrange window. Here you are, now you can save this as a screenset.

U

Hey Guys

Thank god I found this thread.

Somehow a bit of automation was in my autoload and has been playing with me in every song and it didnt show up in arrange or in the Auto event list until I found it deep in where you said on that second arrange page

What kind of weirdness is that ...nothing in the manual about that ...well not that made any sense. In the manual it says there is a KC for "Automation Folder"....well not in mine their aint.

Anyway thanks

Thanks for that David

Its a bit unfortunate for those who have just come in at Logic 7

The reason I needed that KC is in my other message posted today

If you have any thoughts on Automation data writing itself I would be most

interested.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Just for reference:

Create a song with automation data somewhere.

Press Control-Command-E to bring up the Automation Event List

Press Command-1 to open a new arrange window

You are now looking at your Automation Folder, possibly together with some spurious entries that I've never really understood...

Pete

Hi Pete

"You are now looking at your Automation Folder, possibly together with some spurious entries that I've never really understood..."

Those "spurious entries" on my system write themselves and I found one controlling a setting on my EVP88. It doesnt matter how much I delete them , when I reopen the Auto Folder , they are back.

Have you managed to delete those entries...is this the same Bug ?

Cheers

Jim

Jim, most automation bugs are due to Logic's difficulty dealing with automation data before the 1 1 1 1 bar/beat value. If your song start marker is located before 1 1 1 1, I suggest moving all regions to the right, then move your song start marker to Bar 1 or later (you might have to delete your automation first).

Hi David

Thanks for that.

Dealing with stuff before Bar1 has always been weird in Logic from way back so I never do that. I start at Br 1 and always give myself a 2 bar count before any Data or Audio.

My problem was as descibed in this thread:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=2934&highlight=automation+folder

To do with mysterious magic automation appearing. In the end I had to rebuild my Autoload and then rebuild the song transfering Midi and Audio.

Does this ring any bells with anyone.

Cheers

Jim