Worldwide Collaboration....u can't miss this!

You guys have GOT to check out www.indabamusic.com. Simply said, it's probably the EASIEST way to collaborate with anyone in the world! I've been working on tracks in my room with people all over the world! It's as simple as inviting someone to a session and posting mp3's. You have full control over CC licensing as well as who may "audition" for your tracks, as well as, a flash DAW interface for mixing! that everyone can participate in to upload their own mixes! This is awesome! we should all collaborate on some projects! Who's down? lol.

This is just WAY too good to miss! Plus, it's an AWESOME opportunity to network for MUSIC and MUSIC ONLY....instead of all the myspace crap.

see www.indabamusic.com and you'll see! Let me know what you think and if you have any questions about how to get started, let me know. I've been on there for a few months and it is growing QUICK!

Oh yea...did i mention it's FREEEEEEEE!!!! YEA BABY!

• 4 months later...

I have to agree here.

I have just gotten into this and must say that it is a really nice site.

Not even for just collaborating but also to get your hands on tracks to mess around with in terms of mixing.

Pro is 10 bucks a month or 100 for the year.

Just wanted to spread the word.

HAve a good one. :D

OK, pardon me for being cynical, but... from the website:

"Build your reputation"

- How? From a w/w network of strangers, many of whom are probably in the 8 - 12 age bracket would post "you suck" to everyone cuz they think it's funny?

"...get feedback on your work"

- Why would I want to get feedback from like 10,000,000 different people?

"Blog about your music and speak to the community."

- Oh gawd, just what the world needs, more bloody blogs.

That aside, it does seem like a cool thing, so I'll stop being a curmudgeon and get on with my day. ;)

"Build your reputation"

- How? From a w/w network of strangers, many of whom are probably in the 8 - 12 age bracket would post "you suck" to everyone cuz they think it's funny?

Obviously there's a market for it!:wink:

"...get feedback on your work"

- Why would I want to get feedback from like 10,000,000 different people?

Because out of 10 million people, SOMEBODY'S bound to like your stuff.

- Oh gawd, just what the world needs, more bloody blogs.

I think you should write a blog about that.

That aside, it does seem like a cool thing, so I'll stop being a curmudgeon and get on with my day. ;)

Shouldn't that be "cantankerous curmudgeon"? :!:

there are actually, a great deal of spammers on the site, as well as, burned out musicians from bands that never made it. This is their outlet. You'll find that 4 minute 80's guitar soloist chiming in and wanting to taint your musical aspirations...in which I have personally experienced. In one case it actually ruined a song for everyone involved because it just started SUCKING after a while. It was a great run though and it showed us that ANYTHING is possible these days. The biggest thing I have concluded about this site is that most people don't have a clue what they are doing and there should be some kind of requirements to join the site since many attempt to record themselves in ways that should not still exist. I haven't really heard anything on there that has blown my hair back yet, but who knows?

all in all, a unique experience to say the least. BUT LET THE 80's solos DIE ALREADY!

Yeah,

This is an interesting site but there is 1 HUGE PROBLEM. That problem being that a lot of people on there have NO IDEA about proper gain staging. I'm not talking about an occasional clip here and there, I mean almost entire tracks clipping!

That aside, you CAN find some interesting stuff on there. Like I said, I'm looking to get my hands on music to experiment on in terms of mixing. It's been good for that so far.

I do agree with ski's comments though. :lol:

All in all it's good if you know what you want to get out of it. For me it's tracks to mix. Though I'm going to be more careful in future selections. Can't deal with these clipping issues.

HAve a good one. :D