Berhinger B- Control Rotary BCR2000 - Gets whaky with Logic

jasonbrunette

Hi everyone,

just got my Berhinger B- Control Rotary (BCR2000) and it works great with Reason out of the box. . .- but not so nice with Logic !

1. Can't get Control surfaces in Logic to remember the mappings to the BCR2000. It 'forgets' them after a minutes or restarting Logic. I have to remap them all again each time I open Logic . (sigh) I'll be damned if I'm going to save/copy/move the pref file each time I open Logic. . c'mon now. . this is obsessive compulsion disorder !!

2. Propellerhead Reason seems to auto-detect the BCR2000 on booting and it works great! All sliders and transport controls are as expected.

3. I have the BCR editor program to reprogram its default settings and mappings. . . tried that and Logic doesn't seem to care. . .

So what's happening:

I load up logic and the BCR2000 knobs only work with the volume slider for any selected track. Some other knob seems to control balance too. All the other knobs/buttons don't do anything.

I tried the many presets on the BCR2000 and they are all incompatible with Logic. . . not sure what all those presets are for really. . . what a waste the manual says nothing about them, just shows pretty screen pictures of Logic, Pro Tools, Rebirth to suck you in!

I load up control surfaces and manually map the buttons to the BCR2000. Control Surface responds to the 'learn' button and its reading from the BCR2000, - - it just doesn't remember it after you close the window. . . or reboot the program.

Any ideas guys?

Does anyone know of a pre-mapped template or something for the Berhinger BCR2000 - so I can get it work in Logic with some usefulness?

I feel ripped off by either Logic or Berhinger. .. . I'm a poor musician and already eating Kraft dinner this week from spending all my food money on this device !

Help, I'm hungry and need to make money off this thing somehow. . .. (Sell it for food?)

I am also using the BCR2000,

yes it's a bit of a bitch - I had to call the Behringer headquarters in australia to find anyone who could help me out with control assignment in Logic,

-and even he had to call me back coz he had no idea.

I'll help as much as I can...

I don't know if this is what you want to know...

I'm also assigning volume control on individual tracks.

Initially, i was using the BC edit software to create settings and load them into my BCR via my computer., now, (because of difficulties) i just program the settings straight into the BCR.

This seems to work ok... (touch wood) but I still havn't really put the setup through it's paces.

First, I had to reprogram each BCR encoder that i want to assign a Logic control to, via the BCR edit mode.

To do this hold down the edit button on your BCR2000 and move the encoder you want to assign.

Then to edit it's settings, you use the 8, top row encoders - i'll call them 1-8 for now.

Each encoder being edited needs to be programmed via the 1-8 encoders with the following settings.

encoder 1 - choose the cc setting

encoder 2 - choose your midi send channel

encoder 3 - choose your selected cc# ( can be anything, let's say 30)

encoder 4 - choose your min - 0 for volume

encoder 5 - choose your max - (127 is highest possible max for volume)

encoder 6 - absolute

encoder 7 - 1d (1 dot)

encoder 8 - ON

on the BCR2000, press exit to leave edit mode, then, if you want to save as a preset, press store, choose your preset # then store again and BINGO, you've manually done what BC edit does!

The trick is, when editing each encoder, increase the cc# you choose on the encoder 3 setting by 1 each time.

eg, the settings of the next encoder would all be exactly the same as above

BUT at

encoder 3 - I would select a cc# of 31.

When i was done, editing and storing all the settings on my selected BCR encoders I programmed control assignment for each edited encoder via the standard control Learn procedure of Logic.

...does this help at all??

Hi everyone,

just got my Berhinger B- Control Rotary (BCR2000) and it works great with Reason out of the box. . .- but not so nice with Logic !

1. Can't get Control surfaces in Logic to remember the mappings to the BCR2000. It 'forgets' them after a minutes or restarting Logic. I have to remap them all again each time I open Logic . (sigh) I'll be damned if I'm going to save/copy/move the pref file each time I open Logic. . c'mon now. . this is obsessive compulsion disorder !!

2. Propellerhead Reason seems to auto-detect the BCR2000 on booting and it works great! All sliders and transport controls are as expected.

3. I have the BCR editor program to reprogram its default settings and mappings. . . tried that and Logic doesn't seem to care. . .

So what's happening:

I load up logic and the BCR2000 knobs only work with the volume slider for any selected track. Some other knob seems to control balance too. All the other knobs/buttons don't do anything.

I tried the many presets on the BCR2000 and they are all incompatible with Logic. . . not sure what all those presets are for really. . . what a waste the manual says nothing about them, just shows pretty screen pictures of Logic, Pro Tools, Rebirth to suck you in!

I load up control surfaces and manually map the buttons to the BCR2000. Control Surface responds to the 'learn' button and its reading from the BCR2000, - - it just doesn't remember it after you close the window. . . or reboot the program.

Any ideas guys?

Does anyone know of a pre-mapped template or something for the Berhinger BCR2000 - so I can get it work in Logic with some usefulness?

I feel ripped off by either Logic or Berhinger. .. . I'm a poor musician and already eating Kraft dinner this week from spending all my food money on this device !

Help, I'm hungry and need to make money off this thing somehow. . .. (Sell it for food?)

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1553593&tstart=2610