audio to score timing issue

Absorbalov

Hi

Im using audio to score to beef up the sound of my snare and bass drom, whereas this works great for my bass drum, im having some timing issues with the snare, i ts like a flam just in some places, i can see in the waveform where it doesnt quite get the midi note in the right place, i dont understand why it gets it right in some places and not others, ive tried messing around with different settings in audio to score, ,time corection etc, but this pulls the beats that are correct out of time, am i missing something obvious, you can see from my attached screenshot that the first three snares are a little early and the forth is right on the nail, anyone got any ideas??

1999691715_Picture1.png.b60b55aeb2a726f44fbffe8e0f9a4ff1.png

David

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:22 pm Post subject:

Good!

In those cases when I can't get Audio to Score to find the transients as accurately as I'd like it too, I duplicate the audio file, and destructively amplify the copy (a LOT) to make the transients more vertical. Works great most of the time. Once you've got your MIDI region you can ditch the audio file copy.

Thats great to know, ill use it in future

Thanks

Good!

In those cases when I can't get Audio to Score to find the transients as accurately as I'd like it too, I duplicate the audio file, and destructively amplify the copy (a LOT) to make the transients more vertical. Works great most of the time. Once you've got your MIDI region you can ditch the audio file copy.

It's these little tips that makes this forum kick ass. I never thought of that. :D