my logic is broken

Hey, I've been using Logic since version 5 and I've never encountered such a strange problem. one day I opened a project and It wouldn't play. the only visible issue was that the track Icons in the arrange window had all reverted to some sort of weird out-dated Icons. I later realized that logic wouldn't work in anyway whatsoever. it turns out that the problems were quite deep-set. at this point I have gotten rid of all problems besides the icon issue and the inability for logic to locate my hard-drive. I had to erase my hard drive and re-install logic, but still i am plagued with a logic that does not work the way it once did. If anyone can help me out I would be so great-full it would be like totally insane.

Welcome to Logic Pro Help!

To make sure that you have a positive experience, we ask that you please take a minute to become familiar with the following guidelines. By following them, you will increase your chances of getting a fast, accurate answer, while helping make the Logic Pro Help forums a better place for the whole community.

When you use the forums, think of the whole community using them: now, and in the future. We're not just here to answer one question for one person at one point in time. We're here to build an organized database of questions/answers, problems/solutions that all community members can search and benefit from.

1) Post your question in the correct forum

We take the time to organize topics in different forums to build an organized database that members can easily search. Please respect our efforts: take the time to read each forum's description on the Index page, and post your question in the correct forum. If your thread seems to have disappeared, it may in fact have been moved to another forum. 99% of moved threads are threads posted in the "Logic" forum when they belong in the "Control Room" forum, so check out the Control Room!

2) Choose a descriptive thread title

Your title should sum up the topic of your thread as accurately as possible. Do not attempt to draw attention to your thread using cunning (or not-so-cunning) methods.

DO NOT:

• USE ALL CAPS

• \____ * use special symbols * ____/

• use numerous exclamation or question marks!!!!???????? (more than one is too many)

• use words such as "Urgent" or "Emergency" or "Please"

• use obvious statements such as "having a problem", "need help", or "newbie here", or "question here": most people posting a new thread have a problem, need help, are newbies and have a question.

Very bad

• Help me..................!!

• NEWBIE HERE NEED HELP PLEEEEEEAAAASE!!!!!

• URGENT: I have a question about Logic Pro. Anybody????

• ---Problem trying to get this to work asap---

Bad

• Having an issue with beat mapping, can someone help?

• Triton problem

• No sound here

• Apple Loops problem: what am I doing wrong?

Good

• Beat mapping deletes all tempo curves

• How should I connect my Triton to my computer?

• Can't hear my guitar when I arm its track for recording

• Turning audio region into apple loop: can't select "Looped"

3) Do not double-post

Do not post the same question in several forums. Do not repost a question you've already posted earlier. It's ok to bump a thread if it did not get any answers and disappeared from the first page of a forum.

4) Post only one topic per thread

Do not ask several questions about unrelated topics in the same thread, create one thread for each topic. Do not "hi-jack" someone else's thread by asking your question in their thread. However closely related you may think your question is, it may be a totally different issue and could totally confuse the discussion at hand.

5) Give detailed information on your music studio

Most technical questions cannot be answered without that information. The most efficient way to make that information available is to add it to your signature (in your Profile).

• Which version of Logic? Which sub-release (7.2.2, 7.2.3, 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.2...)?

• Which version of OS X?

• What computer (MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)?

• What CPU (Intel, PPC)? Speed?

• How much RAM?

• What kind of hard drives?

• What audio interface?

• Anything else we should know?

6) Give detailed information on your issue

Members attempting to help you cannot see your screen, and don't know how your studio is set-up. Give as much information as possible, including:

• How your devices are connected (keyboards, mixers, MIDI and Audio connections, speaker monitors, headphones, etc...)

• What you are attempting to do (the general musical goal)

• What steps you've taken so far to reach that goal (the tools/techniques you've tried to use)

• At which step(s) you're encountering the problem

• What the problem is exactly

Bad

• I am trying to separate my drums but it doesn't work, can anyone help me?

Good

• I am using Ultrabeat. I want to be able to process my drum sounds individually (for example add reverb to the snare, but not the kick). I have tried demixing the MIDI region in the Arrange area using Region > Split/Demix > Demix by Note Pitch and that gives me separate tracks, but when I insert a reverb plug-in on one of the tracks, it inserts the plug-in on all of them. How can I insert a plug-in on a specific drum instrument track?

7) Update your thread with your results

If someone took the time to answer your thread, take the time to update the thread to tell them if their answer helped you or not. It's basic etiquette to thank the person who took the time to help you, and it's also very useful for anyone else reading the thread to know if the suggested solution worked or not.

If you solve your own problem, please take a minute to update your thread and explain how you solved it, however obvious the solution was. In the future, someone with the same problem may search the forum and find your thread. If you've simply updated your thread with "problem fixed", that's.. enraging! If you explain how you fixed it, it's a big help for that user.

8) Do not post images wider than 800px

Big images break the forum code and make threads impossible to read on smaller screens.

9) Do not post commercial links

Commercial links will be deleted, and in certain cases the persons posting them will be banned. If you're not sure whether a link is a commercial link, ask before you post. If you do not receive an answer, do not post.

10) Do not send your question privately to a moderator or admin (or to anyone)

Of course you are special. But guess what: everybody else is special too! Post your question in the forum, where other members can benefit from it now and in the future.

THANK YOU! And enjoy our forums.

Sincerely,

The Logic Pro Help forum moderator team.