Logic Pro 8 and Korg M1.

Hi everybody! I recently bought Korg M1, but it has a major problem-the audio output is very distorted. Maybe it is due to a bad DA converter or something like that. My question:: Can record it's own sounds in MIDI format in Logic? And if it is possible how do I do that? Thank you!

Take the unit back if it's broken. Logic can record the distorted audio and/or it can record just the midi (no sound) from your M1. Logic cannot bypass your DA converter (or something like that) and make the sound better/undistorted.

Considering the age of that unit, you might want to take it to someone for servicing. Are outputs 3 & 4 distorted too? Headphone out?

While the M1 did have wavetable synthesis, it is not a sampler, so no, you can't get the audio out via MIDI sample dump.

Go get it fixed!

Can record it's own sounds in MIDI format in Logic?

There is no such thing.

Troubleshooting:

Plug in a pair of headphones to the M1 directly. Play the keyboard, auditioning several different patches. Is the sound distorted on all of them? If so, the M1 is at fault. If not, maybe the signal is too hot going into your interface.

Can record it's own sounds in MIDI format in Logic?

There is no such thing.

Troubleshooting:

Plug in a pair of headphones to the M1 directly. Play the keyboard, auditioning several different patches. Is the sound distorted on all of them? If so, the M1 is at fault. If not, maybe the signal is too hot going into your interface.

Yes, I listen to it thru phones. Each patch is distorted. All I wanted to find out where the problem is. In the DA or in one of the memory chips. Thanx anyway!