Text Input in Kontakt 3 w/ Logic Pro 8

Hi,

Just updated to Kontakt 3, using it as a plugin within Logic Pro 8.

I can't seem to successfully enter text into the search field of the database. It may work for 1 or 2 letters, but as soon as i hit a letter that corresponds to a Logic key command, that function takes over and i can no longer enter text into the plugin's field.

i know there used to be a preference in Logic to adjust the behavior of text input in plugins - is it still there? I can't seem to find it any more. If not, is there something in Kontakt that i have to adjust?

thanks!

Malcolm

I just got this back from Native Instruments support desk:

"You would have to turn this off in Logic, though Im not sure where that menu

option would appear."

But that menu item no longer appears to exist in Logic 8's preferences. Is anyone successfully entering text into the Kontakt3 database using Logic Pro 8?

Alright, I guess I'm talking to myself here :), but I've found a workaround. You can drag and drop a highlighted block of text from any text application - Mail, Word, whatever - onto the Kontakt 3 database text input field. You can even do it from a marker within Logic.

Inconvenient, but at least it means the database can be accessed.

Hmm,

i just tried it on a G4 Powerbook, and i still have the same problem. Fader8, do you have any single letter key commands? For instance, i have "F" to bring up the float window. i just want to confirm that you are saying that if you try to type a letter that you have assigned to a key command, into the K3 database, it enters successfully, and does not operate the Logic key command instead?

thanks!

Malcolm

OK, I think I see your problem. If the window focus is on Arrange, or some other Logic window, and you then click in Kontakt's database text field, then the keyboard focus is not automatically transferred to the Kontakt window. If I first click on the top window bar of Kontakt, (so it's highlighted) then I can click in the text field and type without triggering Logic key commands.

Hope this works for you!

Hi Fader8.

i appreciate your input. Clicking on the bar at the top of the plugin window is the only way I can get ANY input to the database window, and it's then that I have my key command problem. But there is one other possibility - you are still on Tiger, correct? that appears to be the one remaining defining difference between our systems - I am on Leopard. .