Interface, Synth, C4 & Logic Setup Help.

Hi all.

I have been using a Korg Zero8 as my audio interface for some time now, and i have connected my mackie c4 and everything works just fine.

Now i have purchased a 2nd hand nord lead 3 and im not sure what to do. This is my first hardware synth.

On the back of the zero8 it only has 1 midi in and 1 midi out plug. So does this mean i need another interface? Is there anyway to connect the nord and the c4 together? And the funny thing is when i go to the midi setup it says that the Korg zero8 has 3 plugs.

I have disconnected the c4 for the moment and plugged in the nord to the midi in and out cables. As a midi controller it works fine. I use it for other software synths, but when i want to add and external instrument no sound comes out. Do i need to connect the audio out of the nord to the zero8 for it to work. If so any suggestions. And how would i set that up in logic?

Any help wold be appreciated. Thanks

ok ive disconnected the c4 for now trying to play with the synth. I added a new external instrument and selected the plug from the libary. Earlier today i could hit the * key and record midi notes, but with no sounds. Now i cant record the notes but i have sound. Am i doing something wrong. Oh and how would i add certain Audio unit effects, there is no channel strip? There is only 2 knobs,rev and chor and 1 volume slider

ok ive disconnected the c4 for now trying to play with the synth. I added a new external instrument and selected the plug from the libary. Earlier today i could hit the * key and record midi notes, but with no sounds. Now i cant record the notes but i have sound. Am i doing something wrong. Oh and how would i add certain Audio unit effects, there is no channel strip? There is only 2 knobs,rev and chor and 1 volume slider

First go to Control Surface setup prefs and delete the C4. This will allow MIDI to reach the sequencer from that port.

On your synth, set it to "Local Off".

Plug the outputs of your synth into your audio interface. Make an audio track with the synth audio as input. Insert your effects there.