EXS24 Sample trigger via release key

tomwacker

Hello everybody,

I´m using the latest version of Logic 8 and here´s my little problem :

I want to play one sample when I press one key (let´s say C2) and the other when I release that key and this one should play as "one shot" . The thing is, that the "release sample" is always cut after a short time. It is said that this parameter can be adjusted via "DC Time", but even the highest value there (1000) will not do the job. I just want the sample to be played from beginning to the end, no matter how long it is. How can this be done ?

Thanks for your advise

Have you tried setting the zone to "one shot".

Yes, I did. Lokks like "one shot" in the zone-menu has no effect on the Dec.Time settingsin the group-menu. Everything is fine as long as I play the sample with "Note on". The realese option seems to be the problem. If this "1000" value as Dec.Time is definetly the max and it refers to milliseconds or samples it is never enough to play the samples I`m using.

You're right. That sucks. I even tried a test using Keymap, and while it allows you to enter up to 9999 in that Time parameter, it still loads into EXS as 1000.

Unfortunately, I can't think of any environment tricks to help either. Transformer objects won't convert Note Offs to Note Ons, so that doesn't help.

Got another sampler VI you can use?

You're right. That sucks. I even tried a test using Keymap, and while it allows you to enter up to 9999 in that Time parameter, it still loads into EXS as 1000.

Unfortunately, I can't think of any environment tricks to help either. Transformer objects won't convert Note Offs to Note Ons, so that doesn't help.

Got another sampler VI you can use?

Thank you for your effort and time. I guess I´m stuck with logic´s EXS for the moment. I´m using it for a life show with more than 100 cues and it took me quiet a while to set things up, so even if I had another sampler, I wouldn´t build things up from sratch. The whole thing looks like a silly software bug to me, so

I´ll put my trust in the guys at apple and wait for the next update.

Thank you for your help again and good luck on your mission.