Hotkeys pop ups?

oranj7

I thought a cool idea might be to have those little yellow Logic information popups also include hotkey info.........

So for instance, on the toolbar at the top of the arrange window, where the short cuts are, it'd be cool if the little yellow popup also included which hotkeys would achieve the same goal.

I find the hotkeys menu kind of frustrating - it won't let you reverse search (type in the hot key combo, get the function), so I have to hunt thru the epic choices.

Does the reverse search exist?

I find the hotkeys menu kind of frustrating - it won't let you reverse search (type in the hot key combo, get the function), so I have to hunt thru the epic choices.

Does the reverse search exist?

Yes, it does. The trick is to watch for the key focus, indicated by a blue halo around an area in the Key Command window. If the search field has key focus, then whatever you type on your keyboard goes in the search field. But if you empty the search field and click the left assignment rectangular section, then that section gets the blue halo (key focus). At that point, press a key combination and that listing, if it exists (if that combination is assigned to a command), will spring into view.

Another trick you might like: when clicking a menu or shortcut menu, you'll see the assigned key command listed. If a command does not have an assignment (or if you want to change the current assignment), press Control as you choose that command. The Key Command window will open with that command selected and in view.