WIP: Advice please

gregaudio

Here's a trance-ish song I've been working on, I'm kind of at a point where I'm afraid to go in a new direction with it.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/179533

The build until the drop off is just the introduction, I plan for it to be several minutes longer. After the drop off I want to start adding a lead melody somewhere, but I'm at a loss as to where to go with this. It's so open ended, I could honestly do anything from here, and that's what stopping me. :lol:

I've been making this song for over a month, as the result of being in college with no free time D: (my college is completely unrelated to music) So it's evolved to the point where there's so much stuff in here, it's ridiculous. I kind of like that though.

I'd like to know what you hear that I'm doing well, what could be improved, and what's downright awful. (if anything) Be brutal, I need to improve XD

I've been producing for a little over 6 months, and using Logic for a little over 4. Only in my spare time though, I don't have that much experience, but I improve very fast.

I'd also like to say my knowledge of mixing and mastering has greatly improved since I started this, I know it could be a lot better but I don't want to try to fix it for fear of ruining it. I think it's pretty decent anyway.

Also, if you have any suggestions, I'd like to hear them.