How do you import a BWAV file to the correct timecode?

mywordsaidmat

One heads up (as I understand this) - the BWF will snap to original record time code position BUT, this is based on project start times. If you're set to 01:00:00:00 and the original file came from a project the started at 00:00:00:00 the file will be in place, albeit one hour off.

ok, got my bwav, imported into song and dragged onto arrange. had to fiddle with the timecode start point (broadcast stuff uses 10.00.00.00.00 for first frame).

only trouble is...

whenever i try to get the file onto the arrange page, it comes up as just a thin little segment. i zoom in on the arrange page to maximum, all the while it stays super thin. i play the song and, despite having left the visible segment behind, i hear the audio file. if i double click this sliver of what should be a 90minute audio file i can see the entire waveform in the wave editor.

how can i get it to appear properly in the arrange? i need to see the waveform and move the song pos around to specific moments of the track.... :(