Custom Icons are not showing up

Real

Ok, I have read every thing that I could find on using the icons that I downloaded from this site. I made my own folder and named it icons in lower case but I still do not see them in Logic what am I doing wrong? I did the following main HD>name "which is that house icon">Library>Application Support>Logic>images>icons

Like it's spelled in lower case, please someone help me as I don't know what else to do.

Yes but I am unable to find the icons for logic, meaning the ones that came with the program. I did a search and still no luck.

Those ones are inside the application package. You would have to control-click the Logic app and choose "Show Content"... etc. But you shouldn't mess with that package unless you know exactly what you're doing.

Curiously perplexing. Let's make sure you have this right then. You go to the channel strip in the inspector to the left on the arrange page. There's a tab that says MIDI thru. Under it there's yet another tab that says audio 1 or instrument 1 or whatever number to correspond to whatever track you've selected assuming these are empty, newly created tracks. Open that lower tab (I can't recall the exact Logic terms for these selectors, this might be the region box or the track box or something definitive and memorable like that). At the top it will now say icon: and it will display a thumbnail of the default icon for audio or soft instrument. Click on that bad boy and a window of selectable icons will open. It takes a solid second to open on my system so wait a good moment before clicking repeatedly and muttering WTF, still doesn't work. Are you doing this and still getting nothing? - Emile

This was actually easier in Logic 7 where you just clicked on the icon in the track header and the selection window opened. God knows why Apple had to make this tiny little feature less intuitive.

Ok, still no luck dann it and I don't know what else to do. That's what I have been doing clicking on the icon tab and it opens up so that I can see the logic icons but none of the icons I placed in the folder show up. ahhhhhhhhhhhh

New question, I take it the icon numbers start at 000 and go up to what 300? The reason I ask is because some of my icons show up and some don't just wanted to know if we are limited to how many we can use or have.

Thanks

Glad you got it squared away Real.

000 to 300 sounds right but I can't really remember. I thought I had a link or two pointing to posts regarding this but I don't, so search this forum and you'll probably get your answers. I've replaced a few of my default icons with different colored versions from Logic 7. The numbers are important and you have to make sure not to destroy any files you can't retrive and replace, but don't worry about this happening in your user library. Again, search the forum or keep posting and somebody who knows will answer. You might want to start a new thread with the icon file title and number question as the subject rather than continuing this "icons" thread. - Emile