Exporting as MIDI problems

sensei

Hello,

My familiarity is with DP, and I use VSL Opus in DP to record my strings, then import the audio into Logic...mainly because I haven't figured out the workaround....regardless, my question is:

- In Logic, I export Selection as MIDI file by selecting the midi region in Logic

- I then drag that file from my desktop into a DP Midi track in the Tracks Window

- In most cases, in DP, it only copies the first 10 notes maybe, sometimes only the first note

--Q-- How can I get it to copy ALL of the MIDI data from Logic so that it works in DP and shows ALL the notes??????

Could be a bug in either Logic or DP.

Try a test with the simplest possible Logic song and MIDI notes (no controllers etc), and importing that in a fresh empty DP project.

If that works, increase the complexity of the MIDI you're trying to export until it fails.

And/or try exporting as MIDI file format 0 instead (the Logic default is file format 1).

The manual p.634 says you can select a preference somewhere for file format 0 -- though I can't find it myself at the moment...