Insanity cycle

cfink

I am sorry this will be a long question as I describe the problem.

I am running a G5 intel tiger latest version not leopard. I am using the latest version of Logic.

Ok. This is what is happening. I pick a song off my ext hard drive it starts to open and a window comes up w/ " Audio file 23#01.caf not found!" That is ok with me someday I may find it but I don't need it at the present time. I hit skip.

Then a window comes up that says "Instrument "Vocal Card" not found ! Sends to a MIDI port named FW-1884 Port 4. Well I don't use the Firewire 1884 anymore but the window is annoying and I don't know how to shake it.( that's another little issue if anyone has a fix for that)

NOW this just started happening all of a sudden. Here's the confusing bummer that has just started happening on some songs.

Some songs come up but the time ruler is all the way at 589 ( not always 589) with a square next to it somewhere way past the end of the song.

I hit return and it goes to the beginning of the song with the audio showing.

I hit play and the time ruler turns greenish grey and shoots all the way back to 589 on the time ruler which again is way past the end of the song.

Now (being 51 yrs old and Blonde but fairly aquainted with Logic) I hit return and it goes to the beginning this time ALONG WITH the greenish grey color on the time ruler. I hit play and the same thing. I do this until I feel insanity has had its fill and then stop. Then I close the project and reopen it and the same thing happens again.

I am sure that the fix for this problem is just a click away and a reply of perhaps 2 sentences but believe me it will be very much appreciated! You guys have helped me alot and I am so grateful.

Thank you so much,

Charlie Fink

finkthink@ yahoo.com

I am sorry this will be a long question as I describe the problem.

I am running a G5 intel tiger latest version not leopard. I am using the latest version of Logic.

Ok. This is what is happening. I pick a song off my ext hard drive it starts to open and a window comes up w/ " Audio file 23#01.caf not found!" That is ok with me someday I may find it but I don't need it at the present time. I hit skip.

Then a window comes up that says "Instrument "Vocal Card" not found ! Sends to a MIDI port named FW-1884 Port 4. Well I don't use the Firewire 1884 anymore but the window is annoying and I don't know how to shake it.( that's another little issue if anyone has a fix for that)

NOW this just started happening all of a sudden. Here's the confusing bummer that has just started happening on some songs.

Some songs come up but the time ruler is all the way at 589 ( not always 589) with a square next to it somewhere way past the end of the song.

I hit return and it goes to the beginning of the song with the audio showing.

I hit play and the time ruler turns greenish grey and shoots all the way back to 589 on the time ruler which again is way past the end of the song.

Now (being 51 yrs old and Blonde but fairly aquainted with Logic) I hit return and it goes to the beginning this time ALONG WITH the greenish grey color on the time ruler. I hit play and the same thing. I do this until I feel insanity has had its fill and then stop. Then I close the project and reopen it and the same thing happens again.

I am sure that the fix for this problem is just a click away and a reply of perhaps 2 sentences but believe me it will be very much appreciated! You guys have helped me alot and I am so grateful.

Thank you so much,

Charlie Fink

finkthink@ yahoo.com

FW-1884 Port 4

Delete that in your Controller set up preference

See what you loop start and stop settings are. It sounds as if they are reversed.