I press one note on my midi controller and Logic plays 3

musicianlady

I've been MIDI programming for days without problems. My last session went for about 6 or 7 hours before this problem began. When I press a single note, I hear 3 different ones. For example, if I hit a C, then I hear that note, plus a G and the octave above. When I view the piano roll window, it shows that 3 notes have been played, and not just one. Is this some sort of glitch or did I unknowingly select some sort of preset? :?:

Sounds like you have a chord object in the "click and ports" layer of your environment window? But then again, it wouldn't cable itself all of a sudden... so if you're working in the same session and that issue started showing up all of a sudden, it may be on your controller? Or that particular synth?

I would try to see if you can replicate the problem in a new empty project. If you can, then the problem is with your controller.

Weird. I fixed the problem, but I don't know how I did it. After I finished posting my message, I began to press random buttons on my MIDI controller (M-Audio Ozonic) while playing my keyboard. I haven't made any assignments to any of the buttons on the keyboard, so I have no idea what just happened.... If anyone has an explanation for this, I'd be happy to know about it.

David,

the strange thing about it is I tried a few different things before randomly pressing buttons on my keyboard. I first tried to close the project and re-open it. The problem was still there. Then I tried relaunching the whole program and it was still happening. Then I started a new project entirely and sure enough it was still happening. I don't recall pressing any of the buttons on the keyboard while I was working.