Logic doesn't recognize many of my Plug-Ins!

helt

Hi There,

I've got a question!

Since i bought logic a couple a month's ago the native instruments i used in Live didn't work in logic. For example Native Instruments Vokator is being recognized by Logic but my other NI instruments like Reaktor, massive, absynth, fm8 etc are not... The function stand alone but not within logic

Where do i put them? in library->audio->Plug-ins->VST?

(I am somewhat of an idiot when it get's to organising these things sometimes)

What am i doing wrong? Help would be much appreciated!

Grtz Thijs

Mac Book Pro- Focusrite Saffire-Novation Remote SL- KORG KP3-Moog LP- KRK Rockit 6

Logic uses Audio Units (AU) plug-ins, not VST ones. You need to get the AU version of the plugs you want to use in Logic, and make sure their ".component" file is placed in ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/.

There are VST to AU wrappers, but they are not recommended as they could jeopardize the stability of your system.

I have almost the same problem with Battery 2.

I installed and updated Battery 2 on my MacPro and MacbookPro. The situation is the same on both: I can use as stand alone application but I cannot see Battery in plugins and AU manager. I also have NI Acoustic Piano. It's working well. I tried that with Logic7.2 and Logic 8 too.

I can find the battery.component there: library/audio/plug-ins/components.

What can I do?

Thank you for the help in advance.

I have almost the same problem with Battery 2.

I installed and updated Battery 2 on my MacPro and MacbookPro. The situation is the same on both: I can use as stand alone application but I cannot see Battery in plugins and AU manager. I also have NI Acoustic Piano. It's working well. I tried that with Logic7.2 and Logic 8 too.

I can find the battery.component there: library/audio/plug-ins/components.

What can I do?

Thank you for the help in advance.

See if this thread helps:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=33000

I found this topic you mentioned before I wrote here and I tried the actions. I'm afraid my problem is different. There is no crashing. I "just" cannot see battery 2 listed on AU manager or plugin instruments. I tried the plugin reinstall many times on my both computers. It didn't help.