Mixer window not responding to arrange window.

Peter Project

I'm currently working on a project that has 3 Multi output software instruments in addition dto a few dozen audio and instrument tracks. This correlates to about 24 aux outputs.

Now, I'm not sure what the logic behind aux outputs is, but I find them really difficult to deal with. When you choose to creat an aux output, Logic seems to place it wherever it wants in the mixer window. Then if you want to move it in your mixer to a more convenient place, you have to create an instance of it in the arrange page, and move it there. So I now have twice as many tracks in my arrange page, half of which I don't actually need there...

My issue now is that no matter where I put them in the arrange page, logic seems to place them sporadically throughout my mixer. I'm dealing with 50+ tracks, and I can't organize them in a way that makes sense!

So... what am I missing? Surely I'm doing something wrong here....

-P

Now, I'm not sure what the logic behind aux outputs is, but I find them really difficult to deal with. When you choose to creat an aux output, Logic seems to place it wherever it wants in the mixer window. -P

When you create an aux channels by clicking the "+" on the bottom of the host channel strip which has the instantiated multi-output soft synth, Logic places those auxes directly to the right of that channel. Is doesn't work that way if you create an aux from the menu or the "+" on the left side of the mixer

Then if you want to move it in your mixer to a more convenient place, you have to create an instance of it in the arrange page, and move it there. So I now have twice as many tracks in my arrange page, half of which I don't actually need there...

-P

See above answer and you won't have to go through this!

Steve H

Hi Steve. I know thats how it should go, but I'm having a mjor issue. If ou'd be kind enough to read the post linked below and let me know..

I either need logics routing to return to normal, or logic to allow me to setup new auxs and move them where they should be (ie next to the instrument that created them)

http://logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=33165