Key Commands for Move Automation with Region?

inquiry

Is there a key command I'm missing to change the "Move Automation With Region" options?

This is a noticeable work slowdown -- always having to deal with the popup dialog depending on whether you need to move/copy/erase the automation or not.

Making matters worse, the Esc key doesn't currently click the "Cancel" button in the dialog.

(I do know about the Never and Always settings -- but need "Sometimes".)

as far as i can see there isn't such a key-command [nor the option to create one] because there isn't such a command, menu-command i mean.

there's only this dialog in which you can define "never", "always" and "ask".

That dialog controls an automation preference setting. You can also open your automation preferences and adjust the setting whenever needed.

Yeah but I want to toggle between copying the automation or not on the fly while I'm copying a given region.

I want like opt-drag copies regions + copies automation, ctrl-opt-drag copies region but not automation. (With no confirmation dialog.)

Or hit opt-1 and then any region I copy gets its automation copied as well. Then hit opt-2 then any region I copy doesn't get its automation copied as well.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why not simply change the track automation to region automation when you want to move it with the region, and from region automation to track automation when you dont. There are key commands to move to-from track/region automation.

Region automation is MIDI controller data -- it can't control all the plug-in parameters that you can control with track automation.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why not simply change the track automation to region automation when you want to move it with the region, and from region automation to track automation when you dont. There are key commands to move to-from track/region automation.

Region automation is MIDI controller data -- it can't control all the plug-in parameters that you can control with track automation.

Bzzzt I was all wrong about that. You can indeed move track automation to Regions.