Software instruments changing on their own?

joeldipert

I'm having a major meltdown here. I opened up logic today to do some editing on a song I'm working on and when I played it, two of the software instruments were playing different sounds than when I last saved it. Also, my delay settings were all weird too, so I just tried to undo a bunch of stuff to see if I accidentally changed the plugin or instrument settings, but it just undid stuff that I had done to the regions, and the instruments are still all jacked up. I opened another song that I haven't touched anything on in weeks, and the software instruments are all doing their own thing there too. I am so close to smashing my computer right now. This has to be a bug, but what? If this makes sense to anybody, or you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thankyou

Joel

Wow! Sounds very weird! Is this happened on every song you've ever done, or just recently? In this current song, is there a single older version that has the correct patches?

My only thought is perhaps you are sending program change messages to your synths on accident? For example, my brother has a Roland V-drums set, and if he changes the patches on his kit while I have a logic instrument selected, it will change the sounds in that instrument because his Roland unit is sending out program change information when it changes programs.

Perhaps you are inadvertently doing this with some midi controller you are using?

The software instruments were ultrabeat and esx. I was able to go back to the second last backup save though, and it fixed the problem. Weird though, because in the final version, I undid changes to the point that it would have looked like the 6th backup and the instruments were still messed up. But when I opened up the 8th backup, the instruments were fine. Thanks for the replies.

• 13 years later...

Thankyou David. I have the same problem and can’t get back to the original software sounds, but I did have more than 1 project open, so maybe that is what happened. All my drum tracks went to keyboard sounds and my bass and keyboard tracks went to drum sounds.I didn’t get any warning message though.