Voiceover - Interview - Commercial Recording

I get people asking me to record voice overs or commercial interview style sessions.

They ask if I have an ISDN line. Apparently these are becoming a thing of the past.

My question is - how can you record high quality audio over the phone?

Is there a way to track it directly into logic?

I found only one plug-in in this industry and it looks like it is Pro-Tools only.

Any help?

They ask if I have an ISDN line. Apparently these are becoming a thing of the past.

I believe that this format is gradually being supplanted by networks based on higher bandwidth (T1, T3) internet connections.

The principle of this type of session is that the network (ISDN or otherwise) simultaneously sends both audio cues (including talkback) and timecode/machine code for the sync of a later audio delivery from the remote location, as well as receiving monitoring signals for those at the home location (typically the producer). The recording is actually made at the remote, and then 'flown' back to the home location for session import.

Setting something like this up requires a level of technical knowledge that is beyond the audio engineering realm, and is certainly beyond the realm of this forum. There is much more to it than making audio recordings off a phone line. I would suggest that you contact a network developer or communications contractor to enquire about this.

I'm doing more research and I simply need a way to record a telephone conversation directly into Logic.

I know - it's illegal with out agreement.

I need it for long distance interviews.

I imagine that there has to be a way to configure the modem and route Logic to use that as an input.

Anyone ever do something like this?

I imagine that there has to be a way to configure the modem and route Logic to use that as an input.

Maybe, but it would need dedicated software.

A buddy of mine used this low cost device with good success:

http://www.jkaudio.com/autohybrid.htm

A lot cheaper than the usual radio station stuff. But there are lots of them out there. Just do a search for "Telephone Hybrid".